Thursday, July 4, 2024

Funniest Heroine Story I Know

I remember one time Champhai police seized heroine. The driver of the vehicle ran away into the woods.

Now these woods are easy to get lost in. I remember one time a Minister convoy who shall remain nameless got lost in it too. I’d seen them off at 6 in the morning from the heart of Champhai. They had planned to breakfast in Khawzawl or even Saitual. At 7, the PS called me and said WTF we’re back in Champhai! I laughed in the phone because that was highly unexpected and the indignance in the voice was real. It turned out they’d taken a wrong turn, drove through a ‘non-existent’ unofficial road which had taken them straight back to Champhai from the other end of town.

So the heroine story. 

The following day after the police seized the drugs, this one couple was at their Garden and they heard some scuffle. They went to take a look and they saw two men fighting over a phone. 

One was the leader of the road construction labour team. He was holding said phone and the other unknown man was trying to wrest it off of him. And then the other labour guys saw their boss was in trouble so they all bandied together to come to his help, and piled up on top of the man. Once he was incapacitated, they got some rope and tied him up REAL NICE. And then they called the police. 

As you might have guessed, it turned out he was the heroine wallah driver. So the police took him away and booked him. It seems he'd gone off into the jungle but didn't know where to go. And he got hungry. And he saw the bossman on the phone and thought he was calling the police. Which he wasn’t, not then at least. 

So ya. I love this story. I just remembered it randomly today. Sometimes people make a nuisance of themselves and attack people for the guilt on their own heads and end up getting caught in their own web, is maybe the takeaway. And I think people who want to make money from other people’s misfortune will always get what’s coming to them. Karma is funny like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art, Artists and Acts of Love

Siamthangi Hauhnar was my Madonna. My sister and I thought she was out of this world. She was edgy. She was cool. She was pretty. She wore d...