Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Dos And Do-Not-Dos

Death is a journey we must take alone. Maybe a reason we are so afraid to die is because the act is lonely. No one does it with you, even though you might be fortunate enough to be so loved that people would do it with you if they could. But they can’t.

We aren’t meant to be alone. Alone is how you die. At least on the inside. So while you’re alive, it is unreasonable to expect too much of yourself when circumstances are beyond your control. This time, I mean when you have too much on your plate. Work wise, I guess. I truly believe your work should not isolate you from society and alienate you from people who care about you. That work is toxic. You can't do everything and especially not alone. You’re not God.

Even Jesus broke down in Gethsemane the night before the Crucifixion.

We always seem to forget that it takes external help to make even superheroes. Consider the trinity of DC demigods. Batman has Alfred, millions of dollars and a host of Robins. Superman has alien blood and a really supportive family plus girlfriend on earth. Wonder Woman has god in her genes (feckin’) and yet, even then, she got gifted a magic lasso and magic bracelets to accessorise. Not to mention, an entire island full of powerful, immortal warrior women carefully re-crafted by old gods to deadly beauty and perfection.

Powerful alone is how you get Lord Voldemort AKA Fictional Hitler.

I am a lazy girl so I’ve never wished to be more people so I can do more work. As in duplicate myself. I just constantly wish for less work. And more people to share the load with. Just enough to not be bored. Don’t get me wrong; I am not anti-work but there is a method to my laziness. Work is good, but in Goldilocks style. I don’t even wish for no work. No work or excelling in just one work is monotonous and dead boring.

Life is a journey you take with people. Make sure you have them – good friends, family if you’re lucky, cordial acquaintances and yes, throw in the fake friends and the evil narcissists just to spice things up. But people. Make sure you have your support system.

Good thing we have the internet now, isn’t it? Humans. Such curious beings. Even something as remote as the internet has only served to create an entire community(s) online. It’s just how we are. C’est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art, Artists and Acts of Love

Siamthangi Hauhnar was my Madonna. My sister and I thought she was out of this world. She was edgy. She was cool. She was pretty. She wore d...